Episode #23 – Critical Mass

As we mentioned in our previous episode, we’re starting to reach out and try to engage groups in the community involved in green issues and activism. Rhett’s become very passionate about his bike riding and using his bike as a commuter (he now frequently day-trips to Boca Raton and Miami in addition to riding in town), and so he decided to become more involved with Critical Mass, an “unorganized coincidence” of bicycle advocates. In this episode, Rhett also tries out Tri-Rail and MetroRail, two critical links in the South Florida mass transit system. As you’ll see, their efficiency on the weekends isn’t great…part of the reason Rhett’s finally just started cycling long distances. Interested in joining a Critical Mass ride? If you live in South Florida, you can join Rhett on rides with Miami Critical Mass and meet members of Emerge Miami. Check the link above for rides in other areas. Don’t have one in your area? Why not start one?
  • del.icio.us
  • blogmarks
  • Reddit
  • Technorati

6 Comments

1. R. said,

March 22, 2008 @ 7:41 am

Glad you’re posting again! Looking forward to the next episode…

2. Rhett said,

March 22, 2008 @ 10:24 am

It’s good to finally get another post out. This one was a little bit tricky because I had to juggle the mobile video with a voiceover and finally set up the studio and record some video, all while we’re in the process of transitioning the editing console. Amy’s also been away in London, so it’s been tricky.

Ah, but the next video should theoretically be a cake walk by comparison. We just need to look up some statistics.

3. ijk said,

March 27, 2008 @ 2:21 pm

Makes me wish I didn’t work so far from home so I could bike to work as well. I admire you for taking it on.

4. Rhett said,

March 27, 2008 @ 2:25 pm

Perhaps there are some errands in your week that are less than 5 miles away? Just replacing those can do an amazing amount.

5. Sara said,

April 27, 2008 @ 5:34 pm

I did a ride recently with Atlanta Bicycle Campaign that I’ll hopefully be posting about soon. It was great to be out with huge numbers of cyclists — and the traffic just had to get out of our way or wait for us. Atlanta is an incredibly un-bike-friendly city. Just dangerous. And hence our reputation for having one of the worst commutes in the nation.

6. Sequoia Redd said,

May 22, 2008 @ 1:05 pm

Hey Rhett,

I think you and Amy should check out my blog, specifically the post titled Everything Comes Full Circle.

I really enjoyed this post! Thanks for the great blogging!

~Sequoia Redd~

RSS feed for comments on this post